VARIETY OF FOODS IN NAVRATRI
With the continuation of the Navratri celebration, this time I came up with some delicious mouth-watering foods, which holds the guarantee of lifting your celebration mode up. Navratri is the season of fasting. Some observe fast on only 1st and the 8th day of Navratri, whereas, some observe for the whole 9 days. During fast we are all well aware of strict prohibition of onion and garlic, due to which one has left with very few options of food. A food that, has a perfect combination of taste and nutrition. So, here presenting some of the food items and their quick recipes I prefer during fasting.
SABUDANA (SAGO) KHICHDI
INGREDIENTS -: Serves 1
*Sabudana (100 gm soaked for 2-3 hours)
*Potato (1 Boiled)
*Tomato (small 1)
*Peanut (roasted and some grounded)
*Cumin Seeds (optional)
*Himalayan Rock Salt ( Sendha Namak)
*Sunflower oil/Peanut oil/Desi ghee (whichever prefers )
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, put some jeera and green chili let it be crackle.
- On the other side roast peanut and grind half of the peanut, keep aside.
- Cut a boiled potato into pieces and add in the pan for fry
- Add chopped tomato
- Add soaked and strained sabudana, keep stirring for a while
- Add Himalayan salt
- Add Grounded peanut powder
- Squeeze lemon on it.
- Garnish it with green fresh cilantro, roasted peanut and serve.
NOTE -: With sabudana, we can make so many items, with the same ingredients…for eg. sabudana peth,sabudana appam, sabudana uttapam, etc.
SINGHADE AATE KI BHAJJIAN/PAKODE.
1.Singhara atta (from any Indian grocery store)
8.Oil for fry
Mix all ingredients altogether make a bhajji consistent mix, put the oil into the pan heat it, when feeling like oil got heat enough to fry .make small pagodas for mix and put it into the oil for deep fry. Take it out when becoming light brown. Serve it with green chutney.
PANEER CURRY WITH PURI OF KUTTU AATA OR SINGHARA AATA
Tomato (3 med size)
Grounded coriander powder(optional) as some of doesn’t prefer this during fast.
Singhara atta or kuttu atta (as per choice)
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Mix all together and make a smooth dough.
Now make small balls of dough, roll it in small round shape, heat the oil, give it a deep fry.
- make a puree of tomato, keep aside.
- heat oil/ghee in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and chili.
- Add tomato puree let it cook properly, give a good stir.
- Add whisked curd. keep stirring.
- Add grounded coriander powder followed by Himalayan salt.
- Add fresh paneer cubes, mix it well
- add 1 /2 cup of water and close the pressure cooker nicely, wait until one whistle. let it be settle down
- Garnish the curry with green cilantro
- Serve it with hot poori.
2 cups fresh Strawberries
1 cup Milk
Bring all 3 ingredients into the juicer, blend it until smooth, a fresh smoothie is ready to give you energy during fast.
You can make any fruit smoothie also with your choice of fruits.
FRIED SAMO RICE
1 CUP SAMO RICE
2 CUP OF WATER
- Wash and soak samo rice, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and green chili.let them crackle.
- Add soaked samo rice,
- 2 cup of water
- add himalay salt
- Wait for 1 whistle in the cooker, turn off the stove, let it be settle
- Garnish it with cilantro and serve.
I hope your Navratri will become more delicious with these recipes. Give it a try. I am sure you will love these.
I am taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa.